Abortion is a human right, and is still a legal right in the majority of states.
If you live in a state that has banned abortion, you still have legal rights. We can help you understand those rights. The helpline is a free legal service. We are not a source of abortion pills, and we cannot tell you where to get or how to take abortion pills.
To reach the helpline at anytime
- call 844-868-2812
- or message us through our secure online form
- PLEASE NOTE: The secure form will send a confirmation email to the address you provide, even if you request a phone call. If you do not want to receive a confirmation email, please call and leave a message instead.
If you have been arrested or questioned by the police, let us know that in your message. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Please know that our helpline is receiving many calls right now and people with immediate legal needs are our top priority. We provide free, confidential legal advice, legal information, and, when needed, referrals to lawyers.
What to expect when you contact us
- If you leave us a voicemail: Please leave your name, a number where we can call you back, the state where you live, and some information about why you’re calling.
- If you fill out our form: Please let us know whether you prefer an email or phone call response. We know it is not always easy to make or receive phone calls – especially if you are Deaf, have hearing loss, or just prefer not to talk on the phone.
- You will be asked to leave a message. Depending on your circumstances, either a lawyer, or an advocate working with a lawyer, will return your message. We will provide free, confidential legal advice, legal information, or, when needed, referrals to lawyers. The helpline and its staff are based in the United States and can only answer questions related to U.S. laws.
- If you are contacting us for general legal information, we will receive your message between 9am and 9pm Monday to Friday and will respond as soon as we can, usually within 2 business days.
- We will not ask about your immigration status. If you have questions about self-managed abortion and immigration, we can provide you with legal information and, when needed, connect you with an immigration lawyer.
- We will keep your information confidential.
- You may find your answer more quickly under our self-managed abortion frequently asked questions.